Friday, March 27, 2009

It's Friday

Yeah, it's Friday. Whoopee! I'd still hate it, no matter what anyone says, it is the start of the weekend and I can't stand those two days. Don't get me wrong, I hate Saturday and Sunday more, but today, it is kind of worse, because it's taunting me, telling me that the weekend is going to run me over and there is nothing I can do about it!


I watched a movie last night. "Set it Off" it's called. It's about a girl stuck in life, with no way out, but the one way she's been trying to avoid forever - the way of crime. After her brother is shot by the cops, by mistake, she decides to go ahead with it anyway. By the end of the story, all her friends are dead, and she is unable to see the man she fell in love with, ever again. When I was little, I would have thought - at least she's free now. Alone, but free. - Not anymore, though. Freedom is not accomplished by running away from things. Instead, it's found by realizing what is most important to you. Someone once told me that people are lonely because they build fences instead of bridges. It's so right. So right!

P.S. A big plus for this movie is that the lead investigator is played by Dr. Cox. He was so funny! :D

16 comments:

Luminata said...

Hugs! :)

SiljeOgLisette said...

That's so true... And how can you enjoy your "freedom" if you've lost your friends and family along the way!? I think I will have to watch that movie now:-)(love Scrubs, and I loove dr. Cox!;-))
-silje-

Solange Gama Coelho said...

Luminata, your photos are beautiful, mine are pictures, they are painted, of course they´re copies of flowers, scene...and so one.
kisses
Solange

Luminata said...

Silje&Lisette, watch the movie. I know you'll like it! :)

Solange, art is art. When it's good, it's beautiful. :)

Hugs! :)

maxsick free bike said...

hello, thank you to pass whit my blog.maxsick

Luminata said...

Hugs Max! :)

Lluvia said...

Have you heard Pink's rendition of "Me and My Bobby McGee"? This post reminded me of the song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2Xw-ihiHSI&feature=related

EnKoppZen said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. You had a poll: if you should continue sharing your thoughts or not. I think you should. You have a warm and sincere blog. Sincere thoughts befreed and shared are actually seed of knowledge for everyone it touches to continue growing with. It´s one way you may contribute to make the world better.

Luminata said...

Lluvia, I just heard the song. Nice! :)

Celina, your support means a lot! Hugs! :)

Two Ways said...

Hello!!!

Have a nice day!

Lunapiena said...

Hello..
Thank you, for your visit..
Your Blog is very nice too!

Bradpetehoops said...

Nice bridge and view!

Svemir Putnik said...

Zaista si vrijedna...
I Blog Ti je prekrasan!

Ćao!

Svemir Putnik said...

P. S.

Hvala Ti što si posjetila moj Blog...

Patrícia Torres said...

Hey!
Thankx for your comments in my blog! Do you like Corpse Bride? I love your "Nice!" because was the first comment that i got!!

PS.: You blog is very "Nice!" LOL
Big Hug!

Luminata said...

Hey guys, thanks for visiting, and thanks for the kind words. I've been kind of occupied...